A recent job by ukbathroomguru.com
This customer needed help with a new downstairs loo, adding a new en suite and refurbishing an existing bathroom.
We planned the new spaces…..
..refined the plans…
…..and then managed the installation of all three bathrooms.
A corner of the entrance hall was partitioned off and transformed into a convenient downstairs WC, consisting of a WC, basin and electric towel radiator.
The existing flooring was kept and the drainage was connected up outside as shown – this was signed off by the local council.
Doors, skirting and architrave were stained to match the originals where possible.
En suite refurbishment
The master en suite was updated as we:
- re-tiled the shower enclosure & fit a new bifold door (we re-used the existing shower valve & tray to keep costs down)
- fit new vinyl flooring
- fit a new WC, wall hung basin & electric towel radiator
- painted all the walls & ceiling
- updated the electrics (lighting, fan etc)
New en suite
After quite a bit of planning, we installed this en suite which consisted of:
- a short projection close coupled toilet (to save space)
- a specially shaped bath (that allowed a wall hung basin to be suspended over it)
- an electric shower (to ensure the customer wouldn’t be without hot water if their boiler broke down)
- a heated towel radiator (to keep the room warm)
These suite choices allowed us to install a fully functioning en suite into a space that was just 110cm wide x 230cm long.
This ensured that we didn’t eat into the bedroom too much, and allowed for the strategic placement of a double bed against the new en suite wall without blocking the doorway.
The downstairs WC & the new en suite required building regulations approval and we also drew up plans and submitted them to the council on behalf of the customer.
Thanks for reading, ask me any questions you may have…..
What We Do
We install quality bathrooms from start to finish, with all the bits in between taken care of.
We provide advice and guidance during a free site survey, and we have a blog with lots of articles that cover frequently asked questions and show you examples of our recent work.
We install bathrooms from start to finish, supplying all the necessary trades and project managing the whole process, so you don’t have to!
We work to detailed, itemised estimates with fixed costs, so you can budget properly without fear of unexpected skyrocketing prices.
Our focus is on doing a proper job for a fair price in a reasonable time – see here for more info or contact me for a quote.
Let’s Not Meet
Now offering virtual consultations via Whatsapp video due to COVID-19 lockdown
Stay safe & get informed