This article shows how adding combining a WC and separate bathroom into one larger room can be accomplished by a turnkey bathroom installation company such as ukbathroomguru.com.
We install quality bathrooms from start to finish, with all the bits in between taken care of.
We provide advice and guidance during a free site survey, and we have a blog with lots of articles that cover frequently asked questions and show you examples of our recent work.
We install bathrooms from start to finish, supplying all the necessary trades and project managing the whole process, so you don’t have to! We normally supply & fit bathroom suites but in this example we fitted a customer supplied suite.
We work to detailed, itemized estimates with fixed costs, so you can budget properly without fear of unexpected skyrocketing prices.
Combining a toilet & bathroom into one (case study)
Prior to work beginning, a free site survey was carried out where I discussed the customers needs.
I looked at the existing plumbing & drainage facilities which would affect the layout & positioning of the new suite and worked with the customer & my local bathroom supplier to produce a scheme that suited the customers tastes, and budget.
Plans were drawn up, costs, schedules and payment terms were agreed and then work began….
PS Please see here for more information on my general process
The old suite was removed and the non supporting wall between the toilet & bathroom was removed to open up the space.
The tiles were stripped back, and the walls were then reboarded prior to tiling.
The old toilet doorway was blocked up…..
and this left the doorway into the old bathroom as the doorway into the new space.
The old doorway was then tiled over
As well as the rest of the walls and the floor.
A shower bath was fitted with a thermostatic mixer shower set above it.
A large chrome towel radiator replaced the existing radiator that used to be on the separating wall.
Fitted furniture was installed to increase bathroom storage.
This consisted of a tall storage unit, a WC unit & a basin unit with a semi recessed basin.
Please see here for more information on this subject
Other work done
- Disposal of all associated renovation waste
- Installation of bathroom lights & an extractor fan to control the effects of bathroom humidity
- Painting of the ceiling with anti-mould bathroom paint
PS Please see here for how important it is to be able to bring together various trades in order to complete a bathroom installation.
Approximately 1.5 weeks.
PS Please see here and here for more information on typical bathroom installation timescales
How We Helped This Customer
- We listened to the customers requirements and sourced an excellent quality bathroom suite from our local bathroom supplier.
- We pointed this customer in the direction of our preferred local tile supplier, from which they were able to acquire a tile they loved.
- We provided a turn key bathroom installation comprising of bringing together the following trades:
- Labourers for the rip out
- Plasterer for the ceiling
- Painter & decorator for the walls & ceiling and hall
- Plumber for fitting the bathroom suite
- Tiler for the wall & floor tiling
All these trades were managed to complete the bathroom in under 2 weeks.
We also arranged for the waste disposal via our local skip supplier (in areas where access is limited we have other means of waste removal so don’t worry.)
I hope you have found this useful, please leave a comment below or get in touch for a free site survey.
Let’s Not Meet
Now offering virtual consultations via Whatsapp video due to COVID-19 lockdown
Stay safe & get informed