This article shows how ukbathroomguru modernised a bathroom in Menston, Leeds.
This is a case study which shows how we can carry out a bathroom renovation from start to finish:
- Free site survey to assess feasibility of plans
- Free itemised, written quotation (& plans if needed)
- Complete installation, which consisted of the following trades in this instance:
- building work – taking down a chimney breast to make the far wall flat
- joinery – for building new dwarf stud walls to conceal waste pipework & to make the bath fit snugly
- wall & floor tiling
- electrics (lighting, underfloor heating & extractor fan in this example)
Essentially, everything you need from start to finish, all starting with a free site survey
The bathroom was nice but wanted updating, with a more suitable (waterproof) floor finish preferred.
After the old bathroom was removed and all the tiles were stripped back, the walls were reboarded and bonded up to produce a nice level surface to tile onto – this would ensure the best end result.
A temporary toilet was reinstated to limit disruption whilst the work was being carried out.
Here you can see we have also run pipework & cables to suit the new suite positions etc
The ceiling was overboarded and then skimmed (plastered) to produce a nice flat finish with no cracks.
The finished bathroom featured fully tiled walls and a fully tiled floor (heated by undertile heating).
A wall hung basin & WC were positioned on a newly studded out ledge that served to conceal all the necessary pipework, making the room appear larger.
A shaver point was added for electric toothbrushes and electric shavers.
An LED mirror unit over the basin added a nice touch.
A thermostatic, twin head mixer shower provided a nice shower over the bath (in conjunction with a glass bath screen.)
The finished bathroom
2 weeks, project managed bathroom installation in Leeds from start to finish with all the bits in between taken care of:
- No having to find a builder, plumber, then a tiler, a separate electrician and joiner, oh and also a plasterer / painter…..
- No having to manage & communicate with all these trades to bring your plan to fruition.
- Ability to pick suite items from a local showroom (for personal choice without overwhelm)
If you have any questions or thoughts about this article or any others, please feel free to contact me