This article shows how ukbathroomguru modernised a bathroom in Menston, Leeds.
This is a case study which shows how we can carry out a bathroom renovation from start to finish:
- Free site survey to assess feasibility of plans
- Free itemised, written quotation (& plans if needed)
- Complete installation, which consisted of the following trades in this instance:
- Building work – taking down a chimney breast to make the far wall flat
- Joinery – for building new dwarf stud walls to conceal waste pipework & to make the bath fit snugly
- Wall & floor tiling
- Electrics (lighting, underfloor heating & extractor fan in this example)
Essentially, everything you need from start to finish, all starting with a free site survey
The bathroom was nice but wanted updating, with a more suitable (waterproof) floor finish preferred.
After the old bathroom was removed and all the tiles were stripped back, the walls were reboarded and bonded up to produce a nice level surface to tile onto – this would ensure the best end result.
A temporary toilet was reinstated to limit disruption whilst the work was being carried out.
Here you can see we have also run pipework & cables to suit the new suite positions etc
The ceiling was overboarded and then skimmed (plastered) to produce a nice flat finish with no cracks.
The finished bathroom featured fully tiled walls and a fully tiled floor (heated by undertile heating).
A wall hung basin & WC were positioned on a newly studded out ledge that served to conceal all the necessary pipework, making the room appear larger.
A shaver point was added for electric toothbrushes and electric shavers.
An LED mirror unit over the basin added a nice touch.
A thermostatic, twin head mixer shower provided a nice shower over the bath (in conjunction with a glass bath screen.)
The finished bathroom
2 weeks, project managed bathroom installation in Leeds from start to finish with all the bits in between taken care of:
- No having to find a builder, plumber, then a tiler, a separate electrician and joiner, oh and also a plasterer / painter…..
- No having to manage & communicate with all these trades to bring your plan to fruition.
- Ability to pick suite items from a local showroom (for personal choice without overwhelm)
If you have any questions or thoughts about this article or any others, please feel free to contact me
Let’s Not Meet
Now offering virtual consultations via Whatsapp video due to COVID-19 lockdown
Stay safe & get informed