I carry out project managed bathroom installation in Leeds.
Please see here for more details or continue reading for a case study of a recent installation.
Other case studies can be found here and here.
Bathroom installation process
- Remove existing suite and tiles / blown render & start reboarding the walls
- 1st fix electrics for underfloor heating & new extractor fan
- Re-boarding of walls & preparing of existing ceiling for repainting
- 1st fix plumbing including fitting the bath & putting all pipework into position
- Joinery work – trimming door to fit frame & accommodate raised tiled floor
- Floor tile preparation of the floor – overboarding with tile backer boards
- Tanking shower area prior to tiling
- Tile layout + wall tiling begins
- Tile bath panel framework installed
- Wall tiling finished
- Custom made boiler cabinet installed to match the bathroom furniture exactly
- Tiled bath panel completed with removable section for future maintenance
- Floor levelling & tiling / grouting of all tiles (walls & floor) + silicon seals (shown at end of installation below)
- 2nd fix plumbing, including fitting the shower, bath screen, towel radiator, and WC / basin furniture etc
- All accessories fitted e.g. toilet roll holders, mirrors etc.
- 2nd fix electrics – fitting underfloor heating thermostat and new ceiling spotlights & connecting the extractor fan to control the bathroom humidity
- Clean down & tidy up
- Skip removed
- Job done
This bathroom installation started on a Monday and finished the following Wednesday.
The work schedule was very tightly organised by a project manager (me) ensuring the work was done in the correct order to give the best finish in the shortest time.
It involved many tradesmen that the homeowner may have found difficult to source individually, and then organise into a tight schedule: On this job we had a joiner, tiler, plumber, electrician and a couple of labourers & painters – All project managed by a single source to make the process as smooth as possible.
Thanks for reading, give me a call if you would like a nice new bathroom in under 2 weeks or fill in the call back form on the right.